The Salesforce Administrator, Service Cloud and FinancialForce, will work as part of the team dedicated to the daily administration and support of our Salesforce solution. The Salesforce Administrator is an essential member of the team providing service and resolving computer-based and/or phone requests for assistance regarding operations of our platforms.
Responsibilities And Duties:
- Daily administration and support of Salesforce including but not limited to managing multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations
- Working with management, strategic planning & analysis staff and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, automation, and triggers
- Develop and create customized reports and dashboards
- Create and document application requirements by working together with those involved in the development of program enhancements and changes including program staff, programmers, strategic planning and analysis staff and/or outside consultants as needed
- Manage the software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual software testing
- Keeping abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Actively complete training specific to role as program expert
- Train new and existing users on how to use Salesforce and integrated applications
- Train additional resources to support as backup in special circumstances
- Maintain recurrent training for all users to ensure continual development
- Keep application users informed about system functionality and enhancements
- Available to push new releases during off hours
- Conduct regular releases of new features and changes via change sets and development environments
- Manage all internal documentation relating to programs
- Assist with special administrative projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum expectation of a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent education/experience
- Candidates should have knowledge of SQL, Avalara, Conga, UltiPro, Concur, and various other third-party integrations; as well as report writing and any financial systems knowledge.
- Candidates do not need experience with Apex developments, but any development experience is a plus.
- Responsible for a lot of customizations since company has just launched the FinancialForce software.
- 3-5 years Salesforce
- 1 year FinancialForce
- Canidates who excel in process improvements and system integrations will be a huge plus
- Financial/accounting background is preferred, but not necessary.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform. It would be a plus if the person had the ability to build custom apps and we would expect that this person has worked with custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required
- Computer literate and detailed oriented
- Indepth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification is required
- Excellent communication techniques
- Analysis and report modeling experience
- Very low health insurance cost
- Generous 401K match towards your retirement account
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]